Year 6 into Year 7 - Transition to CCHS 2021
We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you and your child to the school and we look forward to working closely with you over the next few years.
Our Transition Team have now visited each of our feeder Primary schools and spoken to those Year 6 students who will be joining CCHS in September. They answered questions about the school and discussed what students should expect. As part of the visit, students were given a 'Year 6 into Year 7 Transition Information Booklet' - The booklet contains all the information that students need to know to help prepare them for starting their secondary education at CCHS in September. It also contains infomation for parents, including details about the CCHS uniform and the equipment that students require.
Copies are also available to download here - Year 6 into Year 7 - Information Booklet 2021
If you have any questions or concerns, please email our Transition Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 6 into Year 7 - Induction
Unfortunately due to Government guidelines, relating to Covid-19 restrictions, we were unable to hold our Year 6 Induction days on the 6th & 7th July and parents' evening on the 6th, as originally planned.
In place, additional material has been added to this page to assist students and parents with the transition to secondary school - please see below.
• Year 6 into Year 7 - Information Booklet 2021 - Click link to download
• Year 6 into Year 7 - Parents' Information Booklet 2021-22 - Click link to download
• Year 6 into 7 - SEND Introduction - Click link to download and then open to ensure all embedded audio and video is accessible.
• CCHS Parent Information and Support - Click link
CCHS Free School Meals - Online Application; ParentPay - Cashless Catering - How to Guide; Go 4 Schools - Parents Login; Instrumental Lessons at CCHS from Essex Music Services; Teaching & Learning @ CCHS; CCHS Policy Information; CCHS Young Carers Statement
A welcome from the Head of School, Chris Taylor; Deputy Head, Adrian Kidd and the Year 7 Pastoral Leader for our new Year 7 students, Tom Devaux.
School Uniform Sizing in School
Anglia Sports and Schoolwear are offering the opportunity to size up and/or purchase uniforms at Clacton County High School on Monday, 12th July between 3.30pm – 5.00pm.
Please note that the Year 7 tie will have a red stripe this year - Click Here for full uniform information.
This event will proceed as planned although social distancing measures will be in operation. It will be necessary to limit the number of people in the gym at any one time to ensure any social distancing guidelines are adhered to.
ENTER VIA THE MAIN SCHOOL DRIVE and follow the signs to the gym (entering through doors from the school field).
Transition Summer School for new Year 6 into Year 7
Monday, 9th August until Friday 13th August - 9.30am until 2.30pm daily
We have already had over 250 students sign up to this; if you have not yet signed up and would like to do so please click on this link.
Year 7 First Day Arrangements
Friday 3rd September 2021
The first day at CCHS for our new year 7 students will also serve as an additional induction to the school as Year 7 will be the only year group present in school on this day.
Students should meet in the main hall at 8.45am promptly.
On the first day, students should come in through the student entrance (to the right of the front of school) and assemble in the main hall. Staff will direct students to where they need to go.
We will take formal photographs on the first day.
Our uniform supplier details are:
Anglia Sports and Schoolwear Ltd
Welcome to Clacton County High School, we are sorry that we have had to cancel the induction days in July but are really looking forward to meeting you all on Friday 3rd, September; we will see some of you earlier when you join us for a week of fun activities during the Transition Summer School in August.
Below are a few activities that we would like you to complete at home before you join us in September.
You would normally complete these during the induction days that have had to be cancelled.
• CCHS Transition Project 2021 - please download a copy to complete on paper or electronically.
Please bring this to school with you on the 3rd September.
If you need some help, learn a little more about PROUD @ CCHS by reading about our PROUD ideals by clicking here.
• CCHS Transition Poster Competition - download the instructions and then complete on paper or electronically.
• CCHS Transition Summer Reading Challenge - Reading is an excellent way for you to prepare for your CCHS Secondary School experience as 75% of the new and exciting subjects that you will study here with us are accessed through reading and all of the staff here at CCHS recognise the magic of reading as books have the ability to develop three key magical powers: intelligence, creativity and, most important of all, empathy. This booklet download contains recommended reads that we hope will cater to each of your interests, aid your understanding of our PROUD whole-school ethos and help you prepare your first Year 7 English lessons - download the instructions and then tackle the challenge.
Do you need a little extra help with moving to secondary school?
Here are two useful websites with some great advice for those starting secondary school this summer - just click on the links and explore:
Frequently Asked Questions
• Why am I in a different form to my friends?
Form time only lasts for 15 minutes each morning, The rest of the day you will learn with different students in many of you lessons. When you join secondary school it is an ideal time to enlarge your friendship group - you will make new friends very quickly.
• How are the form groups decided?
We have over 300 new Year 7 students to place into forms groups. Year 7 is split, roughly in half, into two teaching bands - X-Band and Y-Band. We have 6 form groups in X-Band and 5 form groups in Y-Band.
Students are assigned one of the eleven mixed ability form groups.