The CCHS PROUD Ideals
At Clacton County High School we teach our students to be PROUD of what they do and how to achieve the success that they rightly deserve, both at school and in their lives as a whole. Having pride in what they do and how they present themselves will enable them to increase their self-esteem; this in turn will help them realise their dreams.
Our PROUD initiative supports our ethos of ‘Higher Expectations, Raising Aspirations’ by promoting an attitude to learn and do well. Being a student at CCHS is more than just about academic results, we want all of our students to be part of the broader community, to have compassion and empathy for others and to become good citizens with an understanding of the importance of modern British values.
Our PROUD ideals focus on Perseverance, Responsibility, Opportunity, Unity and Diversity and encourage students to look beyond school and exceed their own personal expectations encourages students to look beyond school and exceed their own personal expectations.
• Succeeding in the face of adversity and never giving up
• Understanding the difference between, "I can't" and "I can't, yet."
• Pushing beyond your perceived personal limitations. Can I do more? What can I do to improve?
• Taking responsibility for your education, aspirations and actions
• Presenting yourself well; being polite to others, wearing the correct uniform and choosing to be well equipped for school
• Understanding that all actions have consequences, taking ownership and accepting responsibility
• Taking advantage of all of the opportunities that come along
• Understanding that an opportunity is a great chance for you to shine and do your best
• Recognising that an opportunity is a stepping stone towards your future aspirations
• Working and supporting others; together we are stronger
• Understanding the importance of community, school, local, national and global societal issues
• Being a good citizen, thinking about and respecting others
• Accepting differences, ethnicity, beliefs, religions and gender choices
• Being PROUD that we are all different; embracing the differences and learning from each other
• Broadening the mind through knowledge; being open to others’ ideas and views
Students have the opportunity to be rewarded for following the five PROUD ideals and can gain reward points - ways of earning a reward include consistently good presentation of their work, wearing correct uniform, respecting themselves and others, holding doors open for others and arriving at school on time ready to learn and equipped with pens and pencils, as well as the showing understanding and determination throughout their learning.