As a school we take safeguarding very seriously and have a designated team of staff to promote the safeguarding and welfare of our students. Our safeguarding office, where students can go if they are concerned or worried about anything, is based in the Pastoral Hub on the upper corridor between B and C Block. We also have an email address that can be used by students to report concerns:-
The team attend year group assemblies to highlight what safeguarding is and why it is so important for everyone to take responsibility for their own safety. They also explain what the key features of safeguarding are in school:-
• To protect children from any harm and ensure they have a safe and healthy lifestyle
• Ensuring that our children are provided with a safe environment and a good level of care in every aspect of their lives, not just in school.
We firmly believe that we all have a role in safeguarding children and we believe that working together as a community will ensure the safety of our children so that they are protected from harm and grow up to be responsible and healthy adults we want them to be.
Promoting British Values
We are promoting British Values amongst our students and recent R-E-A-L "Religious, Ethical and Life-long Learning” days have been based around the emotive topic of Radicalisation and Extremism. Educating our students to understand that the extremist behaviours we are witnessing through the media are from a few radicalised individuals; this has been the key message we want our students to understand.
The Essex Police Prevent Strategy
• Responds to the ideological challenge we face from terrorism and aspects of extremism, and the threat we face from those who promote these views.
• Provides practical help to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism and ensure they are given appropriate advice and support.
• Works with a wide range of sectors (including education, criminal justice, faith, charities, online and health) where there are risks of radicalisation that we need to deal with.
The strategy covers all forms of terrorism, including far right extremism and some aspects of non-violent extremism. However, we prioritise our work according to the risks we face.
If parents wish to find further information about this topic please check the Essex Police PREVENT website -
Additional Support for Students - TeenTalk
If students need support they can also contact TeenTalk and take advantage of their unique service. TeenTalk offer a support and information service for 11-25 year olds in the Tendring area, which has been built up over the past 18 Years. They offer a self-referral service, there are no time restrictions and no appointment is required. Their support is informal, non-judgmental and confidential.
To find out more about TeenTalk along with the support and activities they offer just follow the link - TeenTalk or call them on 01255 504800